Sunday, March 23, 2014

DUITAMA IS MY NEW HOME! OVER 6,000 HITS ON MY BLOG!


My Little Cousin Beckham singing I am a Child of God.
Here's the words to what he's singing.
I am a Child of God.  And he has sent me here.  Has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.  Lead me, Guide me, Walk beside me, Help me find the way.  Teach me all that I must do, 
to live with him someday.

So my week was different, I had an emergency transfer on Tuesday to go from Barranca to Duitama. Not because anyone did something bad, just because President Andelin is changing assistants and one of the zone leaders in Duitama is now an assistant in place of Elder Robertson, who was the zone leader (ZL) here. I received the new calling of ZL, which I´m not entirely sure is warranted but I have it and I have to figure out what to do with it. I´m super sad to get sent from Barranca-bermeja because we were working super hard there, and we were preparing so many good people for their baptisms. I love the people in Barranca.  They are so helpful and humble.  They made being a missionary great.  But I have more responsibilities and I have to figure out how to help out more missionaries. I have a zone of 26 missionaries which is 5 districts which is the largest in the mission. I've already had to give an interview in another area of my zone, which is an hour by bus, but there's a part of the area that's about 2-3 hours from where we live, so it's a bit of a trip to go there help them out and go back to the house, but we get to travel and I like traveling. Not bragging just letting my brothers in the field see why it takes me so long to respond to them at times. We are going to be having a conference this Wednesday for the ZL´s and also for the rest of the mission for a general authority, Elder Uceda. We´re super excited for it.
MY COMPANION ELDER CCANCCAPA


ZL means I have to talk to all the DL´s (District Leaders) every day and if there is something that the president wants figured out in the Zone or a district I have to figure it out. But I have my new companion Elder Ccanccapa (Caun-kappa). He is super humble and really spiritual. From what I've learned from him, the living conditions that we have in the mission are about 100 times better than what he had before. He really wants to learn English so he can work in the states or to go to Mexico and use the English to improve his life there.




DINNER



DUITAMA

















I HAVEN'T SEEN GRASS IN A LONG TIME.

DUITAMA


THE APARTMENT IN DUITAMA.


WALKING TO AN APPOINTMENT.
OSO MEANS BEARS.















MY MISSIONARY CHALLENGE FOR THE JOLIET WARD:  SHARE MY BLOG OR ELDER BROWNING'S OR ELDER VISSER'S.  IT MAY HELP THE MISSIONARIES BACK HOME!


P.S. Tell Allison thanks for the video of Beckham I don´t have time to write her but I really appreciate it and I´m going to show it to the other elders tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment