Sunday, January 26, 2014

I DON'T HAVE AN ACCENT!

This is a picture of me and Yurleisy (jur- lay- si) who was baptized on Saturday. She is so happy. Her Grandma is a great person.

The Spanish is at a good 65-66%. The majority of the people ask me what time it is because they are afraid to ask me to say something, so they ask what time it is to hear me speak Spanish and to see if I understand them and how well I talk and to listen to my accent. The problem is that I still can't differentiate words at times so I don't understand what they are saying. I know the words but I don't understand them. But it's all good, it will come with time as I'm obedient.

My great Uncle Carl passed away while I was here and I will look forward to being able to visit the grave when I get back to say goodbye. The message of the gospel is the strength and support that we need and with which we are blessed in order to feel the love of our Heavenly Father and his desires for us in this life and for us after this life. My condolences to all of my family!

A bucket of ice cream down here is like 20 bucks so I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go on an ice cream fast for the rest of the mission. A chunk of cheese is about the same. Oh, what we take for granted at home.

An investigator asked me to do some electrical work in their house, nothing big just installing a lamp which is a piece of cake since everything is already there.

I haven't gotten any Christmas cards yet but I'm waiting for them, I'll get them the first or second week of February. So send Easter Cards now so that I get them around that time. (Smiles!)

I've had over 5,000 hits on my blog! Thanks for reading and supporting! Please share with others.


Elder Macias and the 2 of us.


This is Yurleisy and her mom, Lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment