Sunday, January 19, 2014

I HAVE A NEW JOB!


I got a new calling. I am now the District Leader of my half of the zone, so we'll see how that goes. I have no idea what I'm going to do for that but it's just another way to serve my fellow missionaries and learn how to be more efficient with my time and the gifts that the Lord has given me.

Loving my time in the mission. At times I really miss you all but it's a short time more that I´ll be here able to help the people and then it's off to the world of doing the same work day in and day out. The reason I remember I wanted to leave for the mission was so that I could do something in my life that I knew would make a real difference. I was happy with my work in the pharmacy and my studies at school and they make a difference. But I'm here making an eternal difference for the people. Helping them to learn the true meaning of our lives here and how to be happy even when the world is starting to fall apart.

So this week we finished the second transfer here in Barranca and it was a hot week but you just stay in the shady spots and hope for the best. I was wishing for the snow that you all got but the people would have been in a panic if the weather was colder than 50 degrees so... its probably a bad wish, but I want it anyways. We have been visiting some good investigators, one is Luz Estella. She is the soon to be bride of a less active and is excited to be a member, we just need to get her husband a little more excited and active so that he can baptize her, because I have no problem with doing it, but I think it would be better for him to do it. Elder Guajardo is in another part of Bogota now, I´ll be getting my new companion tonight, Elder Macias from Ecuador. Don't know what he's like but I'm sure we will get along.

I'm going to have the 2 pairs of shoes I have repaired because its cheaper.

Love you all and the support and prayers that you give me,

Elder Bandy





No comments:

Post a Comment