Sunday, July 20, 2014

SPANISH TESTIMONY

SERVICE PROJECT 
Today in the temple I was able to talk to people from Suba, Barranca and Duitama. That was nice, I didn't remember everyone´s names but it was nice to see them all and talk about how everything was.    While I was at the temple the ward from Duitama was there and as we were leaving Brother Gallegos told me that of those I was teaching, 4 have gotten baptized and another 3 are getting ready for it.  Also that Nelson is super strong and has helped another friend to get baptized and is having 3 other being taught by the elders.  So pretty much everyone I was hoping for in Duitama has gotten baptized and a few others are getting close.  The ones who got baptized were Oscar, Lina, Miguel Roballo (9) and Tatiana (40) the mom of Miguel.   I was just super excited.  

We went to TGI Fridays yesterday and to Hard Rock Cafe on Tuesday, they were both delicious and it´s probably the only gringo food I´m going to be having for a while.


Probably the most exciting thing this week was that we did a service project for a family constructing a fence to hold up dirt so he could level off his back yard.  That was fun.  I have weights in the house so I´m using those more in the mornings, so I´m hoping that I can come home with something other than a stronger testimony.


For my new financial position, I think I´m going to need about 1 month to get the books fully balanced just because I have to compensate for the elders that were here before, they did great jobs, but I like to be more precise than they were.  But the job is relatively easy now.  The only down side this week is that it´s that time of the year when the church Auditor comes in and does his thing, so I´m not looking forward to that, I don´t like having other people go through my books, especially if he asks for something from when I wasn't here, that would be bad.   I had to call a few house owners that for some reason didn't get their rent payments and that was fun, but otherwise I haven't had any checks bounce on me yet.  I actually do have a checkbook that I use to balance the funds that we use as a mission and that at times it gives me a headache since there are so many simultaneous places that funds get taken out and put in, but I think it will be good to learn how to manage funds of a group as big as a mission.   Some love my organization and others no, they have their "organization" which means putting it all in one spot and are just digging for it, but to each their own.   But my week was good.  I got more of the finances budgeted and organized so that´s always nice, and I have to do the president´s budget next, that´s always fun as well.

I will translate the following for you next week!  My testimony.  La gloria de irme a la misión es que uno tiene que encontrar su testimonio propio, casi de inmediato. El Elder Holland ha dicho, "Si tiene un testimonio pequeño, grande, o sólo tiene un testimonio mediano, Manténgase a ella con toda la energía de su alma hasta que ha florecido y crecido para ser tan inquebrantable como su diligencia le permite, y si es necesario, puede utilizar mi testimonio para fortalecerlo el suyo hasta que se ha fortalecido bastante para capear lo que ha de venir."  Yo encuentro que en la misión muchos misioneros tienen sus testimonios y los han utilizado como una barrera para evitar la tentación o para clarificar las creencias que nosotros como miembros tenemos.  Desafortunadamente la mayoría posean lo que el Elder Holland llamaba un testimonio mediano.  Lo cual es el conocimiento que la iglesia es muy cierto, que el profeta José Smith efectivamente, vio a Dios, el Padre y al Hijo, Jesucristo.  Muchos incluso tienen el aseguramiento de saber que somos guiados y dirigidos por un profeta viviente hoy en día, pero lo que les falta y lo que todos nosotros nos falta cada vez en cuando es la acción diligente de poner en practica este testimonio que de verdad es la diferencia de tener el poder de cualquier apóstol, profeta o miembro verdadero  ha poseído y el  poder que un miembro que de vez en cuando lee las escrituras, ora a Dios cuando siente el deseo y asiste a la iglesia tal vez cada semana, pero sólo por obligación y no por un deseo verdadero de mostrar al Padre Celestial que somos dispuestos a ser obedientes por devoción y amor.  He aprendido que cuando uno da testimonio, usualmente es para proclamar lo que cree es la verdad, pero el testimonio de la conversión es cuando las acciones de uno nos permiten ver el testimonio que nos está contando.  Lo podemos ver en sus ojos, su rostro, su porte y tal vez más importante, en la manera en la que proclama aquella testimonio.  Sé que el Evangelio es una fuerza poderosa en el mundo, que nos invita a todos que sean mejores personas, padres, amigos, etc... no porque estamos viviendo mal o porque somos personas horribles, sino porque al vivir el Evangelio de Jesucristo, que se ha restaurado en la tierra de nuevo, estamos invitados a trabajar, obrar y esperar por una vida mejor, a recibir una vida mejor que se base en la plenitud de lo que nos estaba enseñado por Jesucristo.  Este es un evangelio de cambio y nos invita a hacerlo para obtener la vida eterna y la promesa que todas las dudas, los temores, sufrimientos y dolores que los hemos de pasar por en esta vida, no son para degradarnos o para decirnos que esto es lo mejor que podemos lograr o esperar de nosotros, sino que por pasar por estas pruebas y tribulaciones y especialmente por vivir fielmente al evangelio vivo de Cristo nos permitirá a seguir adelante con firme esperanza y fe que ha marcado los seguidores verdaderos de Cristo desde los días de nuestro primer padre Adán.  Esto lo sé y lo comparto en el nombre de nuestro Salvador, mi redentor, Jesucristo. Amén.  
BOGOTA IN THE RAIN

BOGOTA NOT IN THE RAIN

WHAT WAS LEFT WHEN I CAME BACK IN THE ROOM!

BREAD I MADE FOR THE APARTMENT.


STRAWBERRY CAKE I MADE


No comments:

Post a Comment